A normal technician process is to set and forget; setting a diagnostic or malware scan to do its job while multi-tasking with other tasks at hand.
Wouldn't it be great if CloudOne could notify you when a test or malware scan is complete?
With CloudOne's ability to send automated emails when a report is uploaded, I thought to take this one step further. Using services such as Zapier, IFTTT or Microsoft Flow, we can automatically receive an SMS or Push notification to your mobile phone when a diagnostic or malware scan has completed.
What is required:
- CloudOne Account
- IFTTT, Zapier or Microsoft Flow Account
- Mobile Phone (Android or iOS)
How to Setup
- Visit https://ifttt.com and create an account
- Once the account is established, click New Applet
- A new page will appear. Click the + symbol
- Type Gmail into the search bar and then select the Gmail icon.
- Click the Connect button to connect your Gmail account.
- The Google sign-in window will appear. Use your credentials to log in.
- Accept the permissions to allow IFTTT to use gmail
- Now select a Trigger. Select New email in inbox from search
- Enter the search parameters and then click Create Trigger
- Now that the IF is setup, we simply need to complete the automation by adding the THEN action.
- Click the + symbol
- If you would like to receive an SMS message type SMS in the search services bar. Alternatively, you can select to receive a notification. For this example, we will set the THEN action to send an SMS message.
- Click the Connect button
- Enter your phone number then click send PIN
- You will receive a SMS message with a PIN# to confirm your phone number.
- Confirm the PIN#
- Now you can select Send me an SMS
- You can now custom tailor the SMS message
- Click create action
- Review and click the Finish button
- You will now receive a notification that the automation is complete.
- To test your automation, send yourself a test email with the subject: New CloudOne Report Now Available
Please sign in to leave a comment.