To perform a Data Transfer Backup to an External Disk:
1. Click the Backup function.
2. Next, select from available User Profiles to backup.
Note: If running Data Transfer from a WinPE environment, click the Change button to change the Windows Directory from x:\windows to the corresponding driver letter.
3. For each profile selected, select profile data to Backup. Click the Next button to continue.
4. Next, select any additional folders that reside outside of the User Profile.
Click the + to specify a folder.
Click the - to remove a folder from queue.
5. To include backup of subfolders within the folders specified in queue, click the Include Subfolders box.
6. To exclude backup of specific subfolders within the folders specified in queue, click the Exclude the following subfolders box, then click the + and specify the folder to exclude.
7. Next, if any additional files outside the scope of folders that have been specified in previous steps need be specified, click the + to add them now.
8. Next, if you would like to capture information, select from the following items:
- System Hardware Summary
- Windows Product Key
- Microsoft Office Product Key
- WiFi Connection Keys
- Windows Fonts
- Installed Printers List
- Installed Software List
9. Select to specify available advanced options on backup completion:
- Eject Optical Drive Tray
- Play Sound
- Send Notification to Action Center
- Show Summary Screen
- Exit Application
10. The app will now calculate total file size required
11. Select the External Storage device form the available list. Be sure it has enough available space specified in blue.
Note: If needed, you may insert an External Storage device and then click the refresh button to select from.
12. Once a drive is selected, click the Start Backup Button.
13. To avoid any issues, the app will prompt to close all currently opened apps.
14. If the backup drive selected is formatted as FAT32, the app will prompt that any files over 4GB in size will not be copied do to the FAT32 limitation.
15. The Data Backup process will begin, please wait patiently until the backup process has completed.
16. Once the Backup process has completed, the Summary screen will appear with the task statistics such as Total duration time, Total Transferred Files, etc.
17. Click the save report button to save a session report, otherwise, click Exit to close the app.