QuickTech Windows includes a System Compare function. Use System compare to generate a hardware profile of the system, then later use that previous profile to compare to a current profile after an upgrade or hardware change was made. This is ideal to help customers quickly and easily identify what changes were made to the system.
To generate a hardware profile:
1. Click the Compare Button
2. Wait for the System Compare window to appear.
3. Next click the Browse button to specify a filename and location of the hardware profile, then click the Open button.
4. Click the Execute button on the lower right of the screen.
You will notice the status change to “File Saved”. See image below for example.
5. At this point you would exit the program and shut the system down.
Perform the hardware installation upgrade as needed.
When complete, power on the system and re-launch QuickTech Windows.
6. At the System Compare window, click the Browse button, locate the hardware profile saved earlier and then click the OPEN button.
7. At the main System compare window, click the radio button labeled “Compare Configuration” and finally click the execute button.
8. If hardware configuration is different, the program will highlight in red any discrepancies.