QuickCAST Server Windows Installation Deployment
Windows Installation integration is simple with our pre-configured setup. All that is required on your side is to provide the Windows Installation media.
The sample below is based on Windows ISO media. (Windows 8.1 with Update 32bit en_windows_8.1_with_update_x86_dvd_6051550.iso)
1. Copy the Windows Installation ISO to the downloads folder
2. Double click on the Windows ISO. This will open the ISO and create a virtual drive providing a drive letter.
3. Open the virtual drive containing the Windows Install files.
4. Copy all the files to the corresponding folder located in c:\uxd
In this example, the media contains Windows 8.1 32bit so we will copy the files to: C:\uxd\win8_132
NOTE: The c:\uxd folder already contains all the folders for each Windows version.
5. Once the files are copied, you may boot a System Under Test.
6. From the boot menu, select WinPE Mode
7. Wait for the WinPE image to load and fully initialize
8. At the Technician Console Menu, select from the right navigation - WINDOWS INSTALLATION
9. At the Windows Install menu, select a Windows Version.
10. Next, choose the Windows edition
13. The Windows Install process will now begin. Follow the typical Windows setup onscreen instructions.
NOTE: The Technician Console will automatically identify the embedded Windows product key and display under the model information on the top right. Double click the product key to copy and then alt+tab back to the Windows Installation Setup, follow the instructions and paste the product key when prompted.