One of several tasks on a service technician list of “to-dos” is to rid of junk files, reclaiming valuable disk space for the customer. The difficulty in this is trying to locate the junk, quickly. That's where the disk space analyzer comes in: it scans the drive(s) and displays, in graphical form (perfect for visual people), where all that space is being wasted, giving you an idea of where to start cleaning.
To Reclaim Disk Space:
1. Launch the Disk Analyzer app from CloudOne.
2. From the main menu, click Select Drive to Scan.
3. Next, select a drive to scan, then click the continue button.
4. Depending on the disk size, the scanning process may take upwards of 5-10minutes to fully scan.
5. When the disk has completed, a disk map will display on the right as color coded slices. Each slice corresponds to a folder item listed on the left.
You may explorer deeper into a folder by double clicking on a pie slice on the right or folder name from the list on the left.
Right clicking a pie slice on the right or folder name from the list on the left provides options to Open the folder with Windows Explorer, Copy, Move, Delete and Rename.
This function sorts, arranges and displays the top 15 largest folders. Click the Next 15 button to view the next 15 largest folders.
This function sorts, arranges and displays the top 15 largest files. Click the Next 15 button to view the next 15 largest files.
Tip: If you don’t recognize a file by its name (like the example below) you can simply right click and open in explorer. The example below shows the file location opened in explorer to reveal it is part of a backup image. Since we have already made a backup copy on an external drive, we can choose to delete this file/folder.
View by Type
This function sorts, displays total disk size used for:
- All Compressed filetypes
- All executables
- All DLLs
- All Video files
- All photos and images
- All documents
- All Audio files
Tip: You can create your own custom view using the filter options.
a) Click the down arrow
b) Reference the image below for option definition:
- Show Archived Files
- Show Read Only Files
- Show Hidden files
- Show Windows System Files
- Standard: Filter by filename or extension
- Filter by extension wildcard
- Filter by file size
- File by date
Click the Apply filter to perform the filtered search.