How do I use QuickCAST Server with an Intel based Apple Mac?
Intel based Apple Macs require a jump boot USB to give it PXE functionality.
Before you can PXE boot an Intel based Apple Mac with QuickCAST Server, you must first make a jump boot USB.
To Make a Jump Boot USB:
1. Download the img from the link below
2. Extract the zip file to a temp folder
3. Download and install Win32DiskImager
4. Insert a blank formatted USB drive 16Mb or larger drive
5. Double check the drive letter and make sure the appropriate drive letter is selected.
6. Now click the folder icon and select the PXEJUMP_BOOT.img
6. Click the Write button and wait for completion success message.
Booting the Intel based Apple Mac with QuickCAST Server:
1. Now that you have successfully created a PXE Jump Drive USB, insert the drive into the Apple Mac.
2. Power on the Apple Mac and immediately press and hold the option key until you see a boot menu / boot option screen
3. Use the right arrow key to select the option labeled "Windows".
4. The Intel based Apple Mac will now PXE boot to the QuickCAST boot menu.