How to Use the Disk Analyzer?
Disk Analyzer is designed to help identify files that are currently taking space on the computer and allow the technician to easily archive or delete to reclaim disk space.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended to perform a complete backup prior to using Disk Analyzer!
To Start Disk Analyzer:
1. Click the Disk Analyzer option from the tool list on the right. A brief description will display, click Continue to launch the app.
2. On the main Disk Analyzer screen, click SELECT DRIVE TO SCAN button
3. A drive list will appear. Click a disk drive or for faster scan, click the SELECT A FOLDER button.
4. A new popup will appear. Select the folder and then click the OK button.
5. The scan process may take an extended amount of time based on the drive capacity and file usage.
6. When the scan is complete, the window will update with a list of files on the left sorted by size and a interactive pie chart on the right. Navigation can be done either by clicking on the left list item or pie slice.
7. Right click an item from the list to see available options such as:
- open in explorer
- copy to
- move to
8. When deleting or moving a folder from the list, Disk Analyzer will prompt if you would like to refresh to update the list. Users may want to click no to avoid another full scan of the disk.
9. To view the top 15 largest folders on this drive, click the Largest Folders option on the right navigation option. Click the Next 15 button to show the next top 15 folders.
10. To view the top 15 largest files on this drive, click the Largest Files option on the right navigation option. Click the Next 15 button to show the next top 15 files.
11. To view files grouped by type, click the View by Type button on the right side navigation.
12. Additional filtering by type is available by clicking the down arrow icon.