I have a custom network setup and would like to integrate QuickCAST Server. What changes do I need to make?
The most important changes will be in the QuickCAST Server configuration and the deployment menu.
Let's start first with the QuickCAST Server configuration:
1. Launch QuickCAST Server
2. Click the configuration button
3. If the DHCP will be used from an external source (Windows Server DHCP, OpenDHCP, etc.), then uncheck the Enabled check box
4. By default, the menu is setup with 192.168.0.1 being the default IP. In this example we will specify a specific IP address AND assume DHCP is enabled via QuickCAST Server.
5. The IP we will configure as: 192.168.3.10
6. Once you've configured the IPs (First, Last, gateway, TFTP Server etc.), you will then need to modify the boot menu files
7. Navigate to c:\uxd\pxelinux.cfg
8. Locate and open the MENU file with notepad.
9. Use the file menu to select EDIT>REPLACE...
10. In the Find what text box, enter 192.168.0.1
11. In the Replace with text box, enter 192.168.3.10
12. Click Replace All button and be sure to save and exit.
13. Repeat these steps for each of the files located inside c:\uxd\pxelinux.cfg folder
14. Navigate to c:\uxd
15. Locate and open al.php using notepad
16. Use the file menu to select EDIT>REPLACE...
17. In the Find what text box, enter 192.168.0.1
18. In the Replace with text box, enter 192.168.3.10
19. Click Replace All button
20. You may now test your changes by deploying to a unit. If you run into any issues or have any questions, please submit a support ticket: