How do I manually install QuickCAST Server?
This section describes how to install QuickCAST. Before installation, be sure to shut down all programs that are running.
1. Create a Windows user: qcusr with the password: ultrax
2. Be sure to provide/grant this user administrative rights.
3. It is highly recommended for QuickCAST Server to be run under this Windows user. The balance of the setup assumes using qcusr as the primary user.
4. Change the computer name to uxsvr
a) Right click My Computer then Properties
a) Click the computer name tab
b) Click the CHANGE button
c) Change current name to uxsvr
5. Windows will prompt to restart the computer. Click Reboot later.
6. Share the UXD folder.
a) Open cmd prompt
b) type: net share uxd=C:\uxd
c) Modify the Access Control List using CACLS
type: cacls c:\uxd /T /E /G qcusr:C
7. To install QuickCAST from local files stored on the Ultra-X QuickCAST Server USB license dongle, continue reading. If you are installing using files that were downloaded, skip to step#10 below:
8. Insert the Ultra-X QuickCAST Server USB license dongle (Black Square box)
9. Copy all of the folders on the root of the USB drive to the root of your c:\ drive.
10. To install QuickCAST from files downloaded:
Be sure the Ultra-X QuickCAST Server USB license dongle is inserted (Black Square box)
11. Extract the QCServer-vX.XX.XX.zip file to c:\qcserver
Alternatively the QCServer-v.X.XX.XX.EXE self-extracting will automatically set everything up for you.
12. If you were given a license file separately, copy the license file to the c:\qcserver folder
13. Run the uxdsource_x.xx.xx.exe self-extracting package. This will setup the c:\uxd folder with all the deployment configuration files and images.
14. Manually create a c:\uavreport folder.
15. Create a network share to share the c:\uxd folder
QuickCAST automatically discovers Clients that are on the same network segment (or IP subnet). This means that the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway that appears in the Windows IP Configuration should match the one entered while using QuickCAST.
To verify a match exists
1. Start => Run
2. Type “cmd” and click the OK button
3. At the dos shell prompt, type ipconfig and hit [Enter].
4. Copy the IP settings for use in the following steps.
5. Launch QuickCAST by clicking on the c:\QCServer\qcclient.exe
6. A prompt will display as shown in the image below. Select Local and click OK.
7. A second prompt will display advising that service is not installed. Click YES to install the service.
8. You may get a third prompt advising that the service is installed but not started. Click the YES button to start the service.
9. Wait up to 30 seconds for the service to start. The server status LED will change to green and the text will change to Online when the service is started and ready to deploy.
10. Click the CONFIG button
11. Copy the DHCP settings from the image below
DHCP Option Tab
The DHCP option tab is used to specify the IP deployment pool, server IP & subnet mask and more.
- Network Adapter Interface- Select a Network adapter from the drop down list.
- First (Start) Address Pool- Specifies the IP address for the very first UUT(Unit Under Test).
- Last (Finish) Address Pool- Specifies the IP address for the very last UUT(Unit Under Test).
- Mask- Specifies the IP address for the subnet mask.
- TFTP Server IP- Specifies the IP address for the deployment server. The Server and UUT IP address must be on the same subnet.
- Gateway IP- Specifies the IP address for gateway.
12. Copy the TFTP settings from the image below
13. Copy the HTTP settings from the image below:
This tab enables the HTTP service module. Some deployment images require this module to be installed.
Default Root Directory- Select the c:\uxd folder
Port- Be sure to enter 8080
14. Copy the NFS settings from the image below:
This tab enables the NFS service module used for Ultra-X UAV Bootable Malware Scanner module.
Default Root Directory- Select the c:\uxd folder
Make sure to select the “Enabled” checkbox
15. Copy the Boot Order settings from the image below:
This tab option menu specifies the boot sequence and also specifies whether the image being deployed is UEFI or legacy compatible.
For BIOS Legacy Menu:
- Click the Add button then navigate to c:\uxd\undionly.kpxe and click OK button. This will add the legacy boot menu which includes deployment options for Diagnostics, Malware Scanning, Windows Installation, Clonezilla and more.
For EFI Diagnostics Menu:
- Click the Add button then navigate to c:\uxd\iPXE.EFI and click the ok button
- Be sure to select the checkbox under UEFI column to identify that the image is UEFI.
Copy the settings from the image below
16. Copy the settings from the Others Tab from the image below:
This option menu specifies additional adv. options.
The most important option to configure in this menu is the Log directory path and Reports Directory path.
17. Click the OK button
Wait up to 30 seconds for the service(s) to start. The server status LED will change to green and the text will change to Online when the service is started and ready to deploy.
18. Once the service is started, you may proceed to boot systems via network.